The Electrotechnical Testing Institute offers organizations Verification of the Environmental Declaration according to the Regulation (EU) no. 1221/2009 of the European Parliament and the Council – EMAS (EMAS III).
What does the introduction of an EMS in accordance with the EMAS Program mean?
- An introduced system in accordance with the ISO 14001 actually represents a subset of EMAS requirements. So if your organization introduces an EMS in accordance with the EMAS Program, it also meets the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard.
- By issuing and publishing an environmental declaration, the organization demonstrates its openness to solving important environmental aspects and the targeted improvement of environmental aspects, as well as the targeted improvement of environmental activities.
- An organization registered in the EMAS Program can use the EMAS logo to inform all involved parties of the organization’s participation in a program on the environmental impact of corporate activities, products and services, the active participation of all employees in the process of continuous improvement, etc.
- It helps improve the organization’s image and competitive position. It can lead to the improvement of relationships with public administration authorities and preventively eliminate the threat of sanctions.
- By implementing these environmentally friendly measures, the organization saves on costs for raw materials and energy, pays less for its emissions and waste, has an advantage in public procurement processes, penetrates demanding markets more easily, etc.
Benefits of certification
- Delivery of products or provision of services to even the most demanding customers
- Opportunity to acquire new markets / customers / orders
- Showing a commitment to fulfilling legislative and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring and improving care of the environment
- Showing an environmental approach, even in communication with customers, investors, the general public, state and private institutions and other concerned parties
- Realizing your own responsibility towards the environment
- Increasing the transparency of environmental impacts and their reduction, uncovering risks, nonconformity and accidents with unfavorable impacts on the environment and the operation of the organization
- Improving business trustworthiness for investors, banks and insurance companies
- Savings on fines and other sanctions related to damaging the environment